Protect Yourself Against Cyber Attacks
There are so many sophisticated scams out there, and one of them goes by the peculiar name of Phishing. This is when a devious, but professional sounding, person calls you claiming to be your bank or service provider and begins asking you for personal information. Phishing can also occur by email or text.
What happens when bad actors get their hands on this information? Your identity can get stolen and your accounts hacked. We hope that never happens to you, but just in case, here is The 12-Step Guide to Report and Fix a Stolen Identity.
We want you to know that we do everything we can to prevent this from happening to you.
What You Should Know to Keep Yourself Safe
- Never give your card PIN or password over the phone, text or email.
- MOVO will never call or email you and ask for your PIN or password.
- If someone calls you asking for information, ask for the phone number of the person calling you, check to see if it matches the official company number and call them back directly.
- Ensure any email asking you to take action is coming from a legitimate email address. From MOVO, it would be a name@Movo.Cash address.
- Do not click on emails asking you to log into your account. Instead, go to the app and log in directly.
- Make sure that the site is secure and the official URL of the company looks like this: https://movo.cash.
- Set up text and/or email alerts in the MOVO app to ensure you know about every transaction that occurs with your account.
- Never post or share information that you commonly use for security questions, like your mother’s maiden name, the street you grew up on, your first pet, the name of your childhood best friend, etc.
There is no foolproof way to prevent phishing, but we hope these tips will help you identify suspicious calls, emails or texts before they do harm.
Feel free to share these tips with a friend or family member you love to keep them safe too.